Skip to main content

Tangle Name: Gravel

I was drawing InktoberTangles2020 and it was day1 with Tangle 'Flux' as the prompt. When I started drawing Flux flowers (also known as 'Cirque'),  I didn't want to do the normal tipples, or orbs for the base tangle. I wanted to do it in some different way. And I drew it like this:

Gravel, FluxFlowers, JackStripes

The 'Tipple' Shapes have become irregular with some cracks and dots. That's Tangle 'Gravel' for you.

Why not make it Zentangle® pattern as well? 

So, here are the step outs:

Tangle Gravel, Veridigogh, Hollis



Please tag me when you use this tangle. It would be my pleasure to see your creations.












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tangle Name: WINGED TROPHY

Why do I always discover a tangle pattern from bedcovers? Yes, this tangle is also discovered from a bed cover!  This is my inspiration for deconstructing 'Winged Trophy' from a bedcover. Inspiration for Winged Trophy The story of this discovery is very interesting. I was reading a book called 'Becoming' by Michelle Obama, lying on a bed at my in-law's place at night. I noticed this on the bedcover. I started reading the book again. Somehow, this pattern wasn't going out of my mind. I realised that this could be a Zentangle® pattern (😴😴😴😴😴). I immediately stopped reading, got up, found a pen and a rough paper, drew the pattern a few times, and voila, a tangle began to emerge. I was going to name it 'Becoming', as I was reading exactly that book when I discovered the pattern. But Sonam Gupta, a Certified Zentangle Teacher, suggested this name 'Winged Trophy'. It appears like a trophy having wings. I really loved the name. Little did I know th

TANGLE NAME: Ambady

The name 'Ambady' was suggested by my niece. I was in my parents-in-law's house, when I saw a prospective idea for a Tangle. I deconstructed it immediately. I asked my niece to suggest a name. She immediately told me 'Ambady'. It is the name of my in-law's house. Ambady means Lord Krishna's Childhood Place. 'Ambady' has resemblance to Tangle Batumber :  Batumber   and Tangle Jalousie :  Jalousie This is the deconstructed tangle : 'Ambady' mostly works well as a border tangle. Here is my take on it : On a tan tile: This is the one I did recently for MonsoonZentagleIndia2021. It is full of Ambady flowers (Centre flower and in the Corner flowers). In between the bigger and the smaller circle, I've given traditional 'Ambady-s'. Please do tag me when you create this tangle.